Bear Cut Athletes,
Join us on Sunday April 26 for the Spartan Race in Boca Raton. There are different versions of the Spartan Race and this one will be a “Sprint” which means it will be between 3-5 miles. It will be full of obstacles including plenty of mud. There will be over twenty obstacles in total. We are running on Sunday afternoon at 1pm. Please arrive by noon to have enough time to park, check-in, and walk to the starting line.
Use the Groupon link below to register today for only 69!
Make sure to select the radio button for: Sunday April 26 1:00 PM
Almost done, one more step! Once you get the voucher from Groupon, follow these instructions:
- Pull up voucher on the Groupon app on your smart phone (or print it out).
- Online registration required, visit the official Spartan website, select your Sunday, and click “Register Now” on Afternoon.
- Sign in or continue as a guest, fill out the requested fields, and agree to the waiver.
- Make sure to select “join existing team”. Our team name is “Bearcut”
- Select anytime after 1pm for time slot
- In step 13, enter code visible in the center of your voucher into the field from Groupon
- There will be an additional $26.52 charge for insurance and fees
- Complete the checkout.
Here is last year’s video Bear Cut Spartan Race 2019
Here is the official Spartan website for more info.
Arrive an hour and a half before your start time. This gives you plenty of time to park, pick up your packet, drop your stuff at bag check, and get warmed up.
What to bring:
Towel & extra (dry) clothes
What not to bring:
Outside food and drink (racers, fuel for the race is OK)
What to wear:
There’s no dress code, but you’ll be running in mud and water, climbing hills and mountains, crawling under barbed wire and jumping fire.
Advice from experience: is to race in what you train in – new shoes on race day are NOT recommended. Wear old shoes that you wouldn’t mind discarding after the race.
See you at the run!